Monday, November 14, 2011

Men in Skirts or How to Look Really Really Ugly

I like new fashion trends, and sometimes even fashion trends that are here one day and gone the next catch my eye in a positive way.  There is however, one strange fashion fad that I cannot stand, no matter what good argument you put up.  Get ready *drum roll*...men in skirts (Don't get me wrong.  I'm not talking about Scottish Kilts or other culturally significant clothing worn at celebratory cultural events.  For that there is definitely a time and place.  Rather, I'm talking about men wearing skirts at any other time and for any other reason.  Real men DON'T wear skirts.)   Did you puke in your mouth like I just did?  
I'm all for men testing the limits of gender assigned clothing, as long as they can still manage to look presentable and fashionable.  But when they decide to don something that makes them look plain ridiculous, there is obviously a problem.  Below are a few photos to demonstrate to you that skirts and men should not mix. Ever.


EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW.  Vin Diesel wore this disgusting leather pleated skirt to the MTV Europe Music Awards and was called out by a million fashion police for looking like the most ridiculous thing to ever walk the earth (with the exception of Lady Gaga and Marilyn Manson, that is).  But worst of all? He twirled for the cameras, losing any shred of manliness he might have had left.

While this could be just mistaken as a really big t-shirt, I'm pretty sure there's a leather skirt sticking out under there.  I love you Kanye, but this has got to stop.  You rock it so much more when you wear  nice suit.

Diddy thought it would be cool if he wore a kilt to perform in Glasgow.  It wasn't cool.  If I was Scottish, I would be horribly offended.  Actually, I'm still horribly offended that anyone would go on stage looking like this.  Stick to the lowriding jeans Diddy.  At least you can pull those off.

Jared Leto has always been a little on the strange side of fashion, acting, and well everything.  But I've always respected, if not adored, his strangeness.  This though, is too much.  This goes beyond the realm of "strange" and lands somewhere in the realm of "I'm out of my freaking mind".

No comments:

Post a Comment