Thursday, June 16, 2011

J'aime Parfum

I love love love perfume.  It's amazing how such glorious mixtures of aromas from fragrant oils can produce not just amazing fragrances, but also can conjure up vivid ideas or memories in one's mind.  Perfume can change a person's outlook, their whole personality.  That is why I am posting, to give you a peek at my favorite fragrances.  I wish computers had a scratch and smell feature, so that you could fully enjoy what I have to show you, but alas maybe in 2030 or something.  For now, devour with your eyes.


Ivoire De Balmain Mini by Pierre Balmain
 (Eau de Toilette) for Women 1979
This stuff is amazing, seriously. It has
a soft floral smell, but is also intensely creamy.
I found a bottle on my mom's shelf that she had bought
 back when it first came out in 1979,
and surprisingly there was still some left! Oh, the
bliss!
Chanel No. 5 by Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
 (Eu de Parfum) for Women 1921
Now this perfume is the ultimate classic, for classy and
sophisticated women since the early 1920s.
 It reminds me of glamourous ladies in evening gowns,
sort of old Hollywood.
CK In2U by Calvin Klein (Eau de Toilette)
for Women 2007
CK In2U is obviously a pretty new
fragrance, but let me tell you it
smells like a million bucks.  It's such
a sexy, spicy, youthful scent that seems to
shout freedom and vitality.
Burberry Brit Perfume by Burberry
(Eau de Toilette) for Women 2003
Firstly, I love this bottle.  Secondly,
this perfume is really fun and fruity and
extremely bold.  It's a fun, sexy, and unique scent.
The One Perfume by Dolce & Gabbana (Eau de Parfum)
for Women 2006
This is a magnificent fragrance in an equally
magnificent bottle.  It's super fruity with notes
of mandarin, peach, lychee, jasmine, and plum.
It also though has hints of vanilla, amber, musk,
and vetiver making it intensely dark and woody
as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment