Friday, April 8, 2011

Taylor Momsen: Music Sensation...Bringing Back Classic Rock

I first came across Taylor Momsen a few years ago, while skimming the channels on tv at my Grandparents home.  To me, she just seemed moody and forgettable, so much so, that after I finished watching, I promptly forgot about her.  That was until late 2009 I think, when songs from her band, The Pretty Reckless, started to surface and gain publicity.  And while I'm not impressed with her choice of clothes at all (hooker much?) or her acting really, I'm impressed with her music.  Very very impressed.  She embodies  the whole idea of classic punk rock, and actually reminds me a lot of rocker Joan Jett and her band The Runaways,  or KISS.  She's edgy and fresh, and her vocals are surprisingly good.  Not only that, she writes all her own songs and plays guitar.  And more impressive than all else, she's only 17 years old.  She could be the next rock legend.
  
Taylor and Friends perform "All You Need Is Love" for John Lennon's 70th birthday.


Acoustic Version "Just Tonight"


Acoustic Version "Make Me Wanna Die"

To check out more of her stuff: (http://www.theprettyreckless.com/)   

No comments:

Post a Comment